(763) 591-0552

Serving all of Minnnesota. Call for a Free Consultation

What should you do if the police want to question you or search your property?

If a police officer or investigator wants to question you about a criminal investigation, you should assert your right to remain silent and have your lawyer present. The Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that you have a right against self-incrimination: the right to remain silent. Whether you are in custody or not, you should not answer the officer's questions until you have discussed your case with a lawyer.

What is a Pretrial Diversion Program?

In certain Minnesota counties, you may be eligible for a "pretrial diversion" if you have been charged with a crime and meet certain requirements.