Looking for the best criminal defense attorney in the Twin Cities?
Meet Carolyn Agin Schmidt
Recognized as a "Super Lawyer" and one of the "Top 40 MN Criminal Lawyers" by Minnesota publications, Carolyn Agin Schmidt is a proven criminal defense attorney with over two decades of legal experience. Since 2001, she has earned Martindale-Hubbell's highest rating for her incredible legal achievements, an honor only granted to the best attorneys. Her results include numerous pre-trial dismissals, trial acquittals, remarkable settlements, and victories at the appellate level.
An Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer
Carolyn has provided energetic representation in state and federal criminal defense cases since 1990. As the founder of the Law Office of Carolyn Agin Schmidt, she focuses her practice exclusively on criminal defense. Her extensive resume (below) shows that she is truly one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the Twin Cities and the state of Minnesota.
- J.D., William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, 1990
- Regents College, London, England, 1988
- Study of American/Anglo-Saxon Law
- B.A., Western Michigan University, 1987
- Major: Finance and Communications
- Owner/Attorney - Law Office of Carolyn Agin Schmidt, 1994 - present
- Conflicts Panel Attorney - Federal Public Defender, 1997 - present
- Adjunct Instructor - William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, 1995 - 1998
- Attorney - Froelich and Associates, Minneapolis, MN, 1992 - 1994
- Attorney - Rapoport, Wylde, and DeSmidt, Minneapolis, MN, 1990 - 1992
Community and personal:
- Co-Founder, Juris Divas, 2003 - present;
- Group for women lawyers and judges to provide networking and camaraderie. Juris Divas has raised thousands of dollars for charities that benefit women and children. Profiled in the Star Tribune!
- Volunteer Attorney, Chrysalis Center for Women, 1994 - 1999;
- Fundraiser, Phoenix Group, 1994 - 1996;
- Group designed to help the disenfranchised in the Phillips Neighborhood. This group received an award from Newsweek Magazine presented at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C.
- Volunteer, Minnesota Humane Society, 1994 - 1995.