Looking for the best criminal defense attorney in the Twin Cities?
Meet Carolyn Agin Schmidt
Consistently designated a Super Lawyer by the MN Journal of Law and Politics Magazine and by Twin Cities Business Monthly Magazine, Carolyn Agin Schmidt is a proven criminal defense litigator. Her successes include numerous pre-trial dismissals, trial acquittals, remarkable settlements, and victories at the appellate level.
She has provided energetic, effective representation in criminal defense cases since 1990 at both the state and federal level. As the founder of the Law Office of Carolyn Agin Schmidt, she focuses her practice exclusively on criminal defense. Her extensive resume shows that she is truly one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the Twin Cities and the state of Minnesota.
Awards and distinctions:
- "Super-Lawyer" - Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine, Twin Cities Business Monthly Magazine, MN Journal Law & Politics Magazine (2000 - present)
- "Top 100 Women Super Lawyers" - MN Journal of Law & Politics (2005 - present)
- "Top 40 MN Criminal Lawyers" - MN Journal of Law & Politics (2002 - present)
- AV-rated (highest rating) - Martindale-Hubbell (2001 - present)
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers - Martindale-Hubbell (2004 - present)
- Selected as one of the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Minnesota" by the The National Trial Lawyers Association (2009 - present)
- "Rising Star Attorney" - MN Journal of Law and Politics (1998)
- J.D., William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, 1990
- Regents College, London, England, 1988
- Study of American/Anglo-Saxon Law
- B.A., Western Michigan University, 1987
- Major: Finance and Communications
- Owner/Attorney - Law Office of Carolyn Agin Schmidt, 1994 - present
- Conflicts Panel Attorney - Federal Public Defender, 1997 - present
- Adjunct Instructor - William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, 1995 - 1998
- Attorney - Froelich and Associates, Minneapolis, MN, 1992 - 1994
- Attorney - Rapoport, Wylde, and DeSmidt, Minneapolis, MN, 1990 - 1992
Community and personal:
- Co-Founder, Juris Divas, 2003 - present;
- Group for women lawyers and judges to provide networking and camaraderie. Juris Divas has raised thousands of dollars for charities that benefit women and children.
- Volunteer Attorney, Chrysalis Center for Women, 1994 - 1999;
- Fundraiser, Phoenix Group, 1994 - 1996;
- Group designed to help the disenfranchised in the Phillips Neighborhood. This group received an award from Newsweek Magazine presented at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C.
- Volunteer, Minnesota Humane Society, 1994 - 1995.